Monday, January 26, 2015

Quart Cozy

I had someone ask me for a cozy for her quart sized mason jar, and I couldn't find a pattern that I liked. I wanted it to be simple so it would work with variegated yarn if I had some I wanted to use, but it also needed a see through bit so you'd know when it was time for a refill.
Enter, the quart cozy

Pattern:
Worsted yarn, leftovers should do it. I knit on size 6 needles. Gauge ~5.5sts per inch
Cast on 56. Join to knit in the round.
K2P2 ribbing for 7 rows.
Begin pattern section. Cozy is knit in stockinette with one panel of the pattern stuck in wherever you like. Or you could go nuts and put it in twice. That's completely up to you.

Pattern Section
Row 1 - P2, SSK, YO, K3, YO, K2tog, P2
Row 2 - P2, K7, P2
Row 3 - P2, K2, YO, sl 1, K2tog, PSSO, YO, K2, P2
Row 4 - P2, K7, P2

After your piece is 6.5" (including ribbing) begin to decrease
K5, K2tog for 1 round
K4, K2tog around
K3, K2tog around... and so on, ending with a K2tog round.
Thread your needle through the last 8sts and pull tight. Weave in ends. Enjoy
 

No comments: