Sunday, September 04, 2005
A sort of success
Well here's the end result of the first blueberry dye. The color is much lighter than I thought it would be, but I've since found a site recommending a salt fixer for berries instead of the vinegar that I used. I think that next time I'll give my yarn a soak in an alum mordant first too.
I asked for and received offers of acorns and walnuts this fall. Hee hee! When the nuts start to drop, beware!
Another lady in the area who gardens has also offered to let me have some plants from her garden. Oooooh joy! I need to get some better gloves, because if I get any good at this I'm going to be purple (or some other color) to my armpits.
Mwaaa haaa haaa haaa. Fall will be an excellent season this year.