Saturday, July 29, 2006

and so it begins...

I've never knit a sock in my life. Sweaters, scarves, hats, mittens, the felted mocs, soakers, shorts, longies, wristlets, blankets.... yes. Socks... no.
But I left my addis in Mississippi, and my normal LYS didn't have the size I needed, so I ventured out of the box to this other yarn store one town over. This place is an old house, with yarn everywhere! Stuffed in bins, spilling out of drawers, in armoires and cabinets and cubes and stacks. OMG. It was yarn paradise. If the a/c had been working better I probably would have been there all day.
And right there at the checkout, they had new hand dyed sock yarn. A small pile. Just enough of each colorway to make one pair of socks.
Sooo.

I got some.
I have the yarn harlot basic sock pattern.
I bought some size 1 dpns.

I don't know when I will be able to do it. I have some orders to finish. But sometime this winter, I will have my very first pair of socks. I'm told it's a slippery slope.

No comments: