Sunday, July 30, 2006

She's beauty and she's grace, she's Miss United States

You probably don't need me to tell you this, but you should never ever ever graft a long join while watching Miss Congeniality. Especially when it's at the end and Shatner is doing his thing. Because you'll do something bad. Way bad. And then have to go back and figure out what it was, and take it down and fix it without the benefit of all your little stitches beautifully lined up on the needle.

Trust me. Put the knitting down until it's over. It's just not worth the pain.

In any case, here's where I am with Katharyn's order. One completely done, 2 soakers that need cuffs, 1 pair of shorts that need legs. Depending on the prevailing mood of the childern, I should finish the knitting tomorrow. But then Niall has been needing to sit on my lap a lot lately, so we'll see. I also want to give the primary color soaker a vinegar bath to help set the red better. The longies I made out of that yarn bled like crazy.

No comments: