Monday, February 15, 2010

The Knitting Olympics

knittingolympics-1.jpg picture by sweetteasoakers
Yes, I *am* doing them again. Last time, 4 years ago, I worked on knitting the childhood sweater from knitty for Rowan.
This year I decided that my new skill would be learning stranded colorwork. There's a pair of mittens in The Knitter's Book of Yarn that I've been drooling over for quite some time now, but I've been afraid of them. Colorwork! Scary!
After Cece yelled at me for being afraid of knitting, I decided to take them on as my olympic challenge. So I've casted on, and I've already discovered that I've known how to make welts for a really long time - I've just been calling them elastic waistbands. ;)
But I won't be having a whole run of olympic knits this year like I did last time. This year the challenge is knitting these mittens while having 3 kids, 1 husband, a dog, and installing a laminate floor. We'll see who snaps first... me or my needles.

1 comment:

Gillyweeds said...

Milli, I can't wait to see how they turn out. Cece's stranded mittens are awesome (I petted them in person--neener, neener)! Please post wip pictures for us!