Wednesday, November 30, 2005

How to measure your baby

There was a discussion on Diaperpin about how to measure a baby for a pair of knitted pants, so I thought I'd add a note about how to do it. I hope this helps some of you out! Of course, I can measure a baby, but measuring a baby while photographing is another story! So Rowan graciously stepped in to fit the bill. Thanks little buddy!

Hip: Measure your baby over the diaper at the widest part
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Inseam: Measure from the crotch to the ankle for pants, or for how long you want shorts to be. There are two ways to measure an inseam

Diapering inseam: Measure from the crotch of the diaper to the desired length.

In this picture you can see that his shorts would be 2.5-3", and his pants would be 9.5" for a good fit.

actual inseam: In the picture here I am measuring from his actual crotch. I like to do this for my own longies because it ends up giving extra length in the leg for growing room.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Rise: Measure from the belly button, down through the crotch, and up to where the belly button would be on the back.
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: