Friday, April 20, 2007

The week in review

This will be a picture heavy post. I'm trying to make up for all of the not putting pictures I've been doing.

Item one:
After two years of solid and very hard wear - Niall's longies made of the LTK Christmas Blocks yarn gave way at the knee.
I do have plans to salvage them into shorties, for our summer enjoyment.
*sigh*






Item two:



Niall needed some new jammies, so since Hancock here is going out of business we stopped by once or twice... or a few times.
I promise, I did follow the pattern for size 3T. I did increase the rise to a 4T to account for the diaper, but still, the length was the normal length and I didn't change the shirt at all. Ummm... I don't know what kind of Amazon toddler the folks at Simplicity were designing for, but the jammies fit Rowan (who will be 5 soon) perfectly. So now Rowan has some new jammies, and we are using a diaper pin to keep Niall from stripping in the middle of the night.











Item three:



Ruffles take up a lot of stitches. And they take up a lot of needles. And way more time than you think they're going to. Seriously, look at how many needles I had going over there. That's a size small soaker. Wuh!
But it is done, and marvelously cute. I will take pictures when it is dry.
By the way, Tracy, if you're reading this, I need your zipcode to figure out postage. Will mail on Monday.






Item four:



Reason one billion and seven to be a knitter:
if the boys are playing ball in the house - even though they are not supposed to and they know this - you can depend on your thoughtful and vigilant double points to put a stop to the madness.
Note: These double points are stored on an entertainment center no less than 5 feet off the ground - so you know they were throwing it. Busted!




Item five:


And last but not least, I have started my project for Neil.
205 stitches per round is A LOT.
Problem: I know I did mention that wonderful 56 row repeating stripe pattern that I made.
If you see a little black notebook with a bunch of math scribbled out and "if this happens try this" kinds of notes on it, as well as a code of a bunch of numbers with Ts, Bs, Ns and Ps as part of it....
Would you please let me know? It seems to have wandered off on little toddler feet.




Also in progress but not pictured: I have claimed one of the front rooms as an adult only room. The sewing machine and desk, almost all of the fabric, computer, and phone answering machine are living there. Once I get my hands on a saw there will be a properly fitting cover for the foosball table so I can use it to cut fabric (so long as I mind the handles on it. hmm I see bruises in my future). All manner of things are hiding in there as well -- phone books, library books, tools... The greatest benefit is that this is the room with a door. Why? See the post I made on Tuesday.

good night.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Aw, Rowan looks adorable in his new jammies!

Tracycg said...

LOL! Yep, I was lurking about. ;) I just e-mailed you my address. I can't wait to see them!

Grumpy said...

Awesome on the room reclamation! Awesome jammies... ya sometimes I wonder about those patterns. I had to cut about 6 inches off a pair of pants for M! and they look like a slight breeze would fly her away they're that baggy, but even is she was a 'big girl' which she isn't, they still would have been too big.