Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Why I'm not knitting today...

I posted this on my bulliten board, but just in case you wonder why the heck it's taking me so long to get anything done.....


I just can't take it! I can't keep up!
Niall is constant constant constant. He gets into everything. I babyproof it. He figures it out. This morning I caught him in my sewing drawer that has a baby latch on it that I HAVE TROUBLE getting open! He didn't get it open, but wedged his little hand in there trying to get my pins out anyway.
If it's not that, he's trying to mess with the computer, or outlets (I have to have SOME things plugged in! I can't keep the plastic outlet covers on everything), or the dog, or the fish, or dumping coffee on the couch, or...

it just goes on and on. All day long. I'm tearing my hair out and I feel like crying at the end of the day. Yesterday he moved a toy bin to climb to get to the mantle and tried to grab the fish, and dumped most of it out but luckily Shishy was ok. And JOHN WAS IN THE ROOM. I mean, it's not like we let him run wild here, but he still manages to wreak havok all day long every single day. I just can't do it.
I don't know what to do to make things managable.
I guess I could get rid of all the books so there wouldn't be anything to pull off bookcases and throw. And put all my sewing and knitting things in the shed so he can't get to them (and I couldn't either).
We could sell off all the furniture and sit on pillows on the floor, because basically that's all that I'm up for anymore.
If I just had a house with a freaking closet where I could put things, but then he'd probably figure out how to get it open and just stand there slamming the door all day.

I'm tapped. Anyone want a kid? After that glowing recommendation I'm sure you're all lining right up.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Poor Milli! I'm right there with you, though... Lilli has been driving me insane. Closets are nice and all, but it just gives them a more concentrated area to get into trouble. I never know where anything is in my kitchen because Lilli is constantly rearranging everything. And she has developed a fondness for my turkey baster. I don't use it all that often so it's not that big a deal, but I find it in the oddest places...

And her arms... I'm sure Naill has the same thing going on - it's like she's an octopus with super stretchy spaghetti arms that can get into everything, all at once.

I wish I knew what to tell you. I wish I had some wisdom to offer. All I can say is that I know what you're going through. And you've got my sympathy!