Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

#1. Selfish knitting. I will finally make myself the Celtic Icon sweater that I've been meaning to make for years. I added it to my Ravelry queue in Feb 2008 if that tells you anything. Here's a picture stolen off of Ravelry to give you an idea.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4020/4673460930_cba3e2bca1_z.jpg 
I had an unused gift card to knitpicks, so I ordered some yarn from there. I'll be using their Stroll Sport Yarn in the color eggplant. (They didn't have a wool/cotton blend so wool/nylon will have to do.) Now I just need to wait for it to get here.

#2. Become certifiable. Heh heh. I have attended 3 births in the area and have paperwork for those. I've done the childbirth class. I just have a few more things to complete the certification for DONA, so I can call myself a fully certified Doula and be listed on their website.

#3. More knitting. Someone special to me is bringing a new little someone into the world this coming year. That little someone needs some knitwear. AND the knitwear actually needs to get MAILED. My friends who have had babies may not be aware, but I've knit things for each of them. I'm just abysmally bad at mailing things before said baby would be too big to wear it. *hangs head* This year, I will be much better about that. I might even be making make up items for older babies. Possibly. Depending on time and stuff.

#4. Floss. I say this every year. I do well for a while and then I forget about it. I should fix that.

#5. Pay attention to the food I consume. I had Burger King for lunch today and it is NOT the king. It is not nearly the king of everything and I've felt awful since. I feel so much better when I eat real food, I'm going to make it a point to do that most of the time. Along with that...

#6. Keep exercising. I have been doing pretty well and it shows. I intend to do more and see if it will show more. It also helps with the feeling good.

#7. Improve my photography. This that end, I am going to try to do one of those photo a day things. It will force me to try to capture something every day.

Hmmm... So far that boils down to knitting, flossing, eating well, exercising, and pursuing a goal for working. Sounds like I have it covered! I'll add more as it occurs to me.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Love that sweater and that it has a hood. :)