Tuesday, July 07, 2009

oh yeah

I had big plans when I wrote that last blog post. I was all set to strap on my shoes and get going. I forgot that part of motherhood which states that the children are going to foil you every chance they get and it's going to take you a good week to get started.
They tag team you.

Today is the first day of second grade, so I planned on walking Rowan to school. We have to walk him into his classroom. That's just the way he operates. No sending him in to go there on his own - when it's something new Rowan needs us to go through it with him at least once. I'm okay with that. I was always nervous on my first day of school, too.

I did not count on having to begin my day at 3:30 though. And I did not sleep well enough for this to happen. But a certain member of this family decided to poo in the middle of the night, and now won't go back to sleep. It's times like this when I wonder how I'm still sane.

2 comments:

Drea said...

I hope the rest of your day went better, did you at least get some quiet time?

Jenn said...

You're sane?