Monday, September 13, 2010

Rowan's first ball game

It was a fine evening for baseball. The Knights took on the Timber Rattlers, and won 1-0 (though officially we are not keeping score because the fall league is all about skill building and not tournament, but whatevs, we won!)
Rowan was very serious about playing. We have some work to get him up there skillwise (batting stance, throwing, hitting...) but he got a hit so it's all good. It's strange to think of teaching a kid to play ball. I don't know how I learned, but we didn't do much besides play baseball and hide and seek in the summertime when I was a kid. I suppose someone had to show me how it's done at some point. Rowan is a fast learner though, and it's nice to have him playing a sport where I understand the rules.

1 comment:

Spring said...

A great day for baseball I hope he learns to enjoy it. What position does he play?