Friday, March 20, 2009

brainworm, the good kind

I woke up with a hymn running through my mind, and I couldn't remember the words.
Google is awesome, though. And I found the whole thing just by putting in the one phrase that I remembered. So I'm putting it here so I can find it easily when I want it. It's called Will You Let Me Be Your Servant.

Will you let me be your servant, let me be as Christ to you?
Pray that I might have the grace to let you be my servant, too.

We are pilgrims on a journey; we are trav’lers on the road.
We are here to help each other walk the mile and bear the load.

I will hold the Christ-light for you in the night time of your fear.
I will hold my hand out to you, speak the peace you long to hear.

I will weep when you are weeping, when you laugh I'll laugh with you.
I will share your joy and sorrow till we've seen this journey through.

When we sing to god in heaven, we shall find such harmony,
born of all we've known together of Christ's love and agony.

Will you let me be your servant, let me be as Christ to you?
Pray that I might have the grace to let you be my servant, too.

I have plans for this. It's going to be beautiful.

No comments: